- Asian Cinema at the Sydney Film Festival 2013
- This week in cinemas: 'Miracle in Cell No. 7' (South Korea)
- Giveaway: 'Tai Chi 0' on DVD and Blu-Ray (Closed)
- This week in cinemas: ‘Drug War’ (China/HK)
- Mountains and monsters @ GoMA QLD
- Melbourne: Asian Cinema at the MQFF
- QLD news - GCFF and Supanova on again!
- This week in cinemas: 'Journey to the West' (China, 3D)
Reviews by Country
Revenge: A Love Story from director Wong Ching Po (Jiang Hu, Mob Sister) reaches back into the past to Hong Kong’s grisly Cat-III action pics, where buckets of blood and more than a touch of sadism were de rigueur. Wong adds a modern sensibility to the mix, though, bringing good production values and some technical sophistication to the picture… but is that enough to elevate it beyond exploitation territory?… (read more)
Way Of the Dragon was Bruce Lee’s directorial debut, after making The Big Boss and Fist of Fury with director Lo Wei. I’ve never been that much of a fan of Lo Wei’s direction, and it is interesting to see how this film differs under Bruce’s complete control.