- Melbourne: The Chinatown Cinema Returns!
- International Chinese Film Festival 2014 (Sydney)
- This week in cinemas: 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart 2' (HK/China)
- This week in cinemas: "Brotherhood of Blades" (China)
- Already in cinemas: 'Kung Fu Jungle' (HK/China)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Golden Era' (China/HK)
- This month in cinemas: The Tale of Studio Ghibli Showcase (Japan)
- This week in cinemas: 'Flirting in the Air' (Hong Kong)
- Vladivostok: the final frontier
- JFF 2014
- This week in cinemas: 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents' (South Korea)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Grandmaster' (Hong Kong/China)
Reviews by Country
Category Archives: TV
SBS TWO have scheduled a treat for us over the next month, starting tomorrow: sixteen films spanning modern Chinese film history, from King Hu’s wuxia film for Shaw Brothers Come Drink With Me in the late sixties to Benny Chan’s Shaolin from 2011.
It’s a big plate of crowd-pleasing mostly action films, with a large helping of Jackie Chan and Jet Li films, but that suits us at HC just fine — we’ve seen and loved all of these over … (read more)
Our own Tom pointed out that Channel Ten’s mostly-sports channel ONE is making the best of their time slots that compete with Olympics coverage, and serving up some Hong Kong classics this weekend on free-to-air TV:… (read more)
Via Madman’s blog comes the news that they’ve teamed up with the ABC’s iView service to bring Aussies a bunch of exclusive screenings for what looks like at least the next month or so. The goodies are:
- episodes of Eden of the East;
- episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam 00;
- episodes of Samurai Champloo;
- … and one big feature: Akira!
Check ’em out before they disappear!… (read more)