- Interview: Director Arvin Chen on 'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?'
- This week in cinemas: 'That Demon Within' (Hong Kong)
- GCFF 2014 on now!
- This week in cinemas: 'The Raid 2'
- Enchanting Shadows: The Films of the Shaw Brothers
- Giveaway: Tickets to see 'The Raid 2' (Closed)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Wind Rises' (Japan, anime)
- More King Hu screening in Canberra
- This week in cinemas: 'From Vegas to Macau' (Hong Kong)
- Giveaway: Tickets to see 'The Wind Rises' in cinemas! (closed)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Monkey King' (3D, China)
Reviews by Country
Category Archives: TV
SBS TWO have scheduled a treat for us over the next month, starting tomorrow: sixteen films spanning modern Chinese film history, from King Hu’s wuxia film for Shaw Brothers Come Drink With Me in the late sixties to Benny Chan’s Shaolin from 2011.
It’s a big plate of crowd-pleasing mostly action films, with a large helping of Jackie Chan and Jet Li films, but that suits us at HC just fine — we’ve seen and loved all of these over … (read more)
Our own Tom pointed out that Channel Ten’s mostly-sports channel ONE is making the best of their time slots that compete with Olympics coverage, and serving up some Hong Kong classics this weekend on free-to-air TV:… (read more)
Via Madman’s blog comes the news that they’ve teamed up with the ABC’s iView service to bring Aussies a bunch of exclusive screenings for what looks like at least the next month or so. The goodies are:
Check ’em out before they disappear!… (read more)