- Melbourne: The Chinatown Cinema Returns!
- International Chinese Film Festival 2014 (Sydney)
- This week in cinemas: 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart 2' (HK/China)
- This week in cinemas: "Brotherhood of Blades" (China)
- Already in cinemas: 'Kung Fu Jungle' (HK/China)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Golden Era' (China/HK)
- This month in cinemas: The Tale of Studio Ghibli Showcase (Japan)
- This week in cinemas: 'Flirting in the Air' (Hong Kong)
- Vladivostok: the final frontier
- JFF 2014
- This week in cinemas: 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents' (South Korea)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Grandmaster' (Hong Kong/China)
Reviews by Country
Zatoichi is a legendary blind masseur and sword master, a fictional character who has appeared in numerous Japanese movies and television shows. The original films starred Shintaro Katsu, and many of them have now become classics. In 2003, Takeshi Kitano gave his own interpretation of the character in Zatoichi, a hugely entertaining movie. And now, the Zatoichi legend lives on with Ichi, a ‘re-imagining’ of the Zatoichi tale that features a young swordswoman.
In ancient times, troupes of … (read more)
I must admit that of all the films being shown during Reel Anime 08, Vexille is perhaps the one film I knew nothing about. Appleseed I managed to catch at SIFF; Girl Who Leapt Through Time has been on my radar for at least a year now though I never got around to actually watching it and Batman… – well Batman is Batman isn’t it? How much do you really need to know about Batman that, as an internet-browsing, … (read more)