- This week in cinemas: 'The Wind Rises' (Japan, anime)
- More King Hu screening in Canberra
- This week in cinemas: 'From Vegas to Macau' (Hong Kong)
- Giveaway: Tickets to see 'The Wind Rises' in cinemas! (closed)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Monkey King' (3D, China)
- Melbourne Cinémathèque: Opening Night 2014 is 'A Touch of Zen'
- More Shaws HK Classics on iTunes (and finally easier to find!)
- Run Run Shaw has died
- This week in cinemas: 'Personal Tailor' (China)
- Fairytales and Fables at GoMA
Reviews by Country
Zatoichi is a legendary blind masseur and sword master, a fictional character who has appeared in numerous Japanese movies and television shows. The original films starred Shintaro Katsu, and many of them have now become classics. In 2003, Takeshi Kitano gave his own interpretation of the character in Zatoichi, a hugely entertaining movie. And now, the Zatoichi legend lives on with Ichi, a ‘re-imagining’ of the Zatoichi tale that features a young swordswoman.
In ancient times, troupes of … (read more)
I must admit that of all the films being shown during Reel Anime 08, Vexille is perhaps the one film I knew nothing about. Appleseed I managed to catch at SIFF; Girl Who Leapt Through Time has been on my radar for at least a year now though I never got around to actually watching it and Batman… – well Batman is Batman isn’t it? How much do you really need to know about Batman that, as an internet-browsing, … (read more)