- This week in cinemas: 'Snowpiercer' (South Korea)
- Asian Cinema at the Melbourne International Film Festival 2014
- This week in cinemas: 'Z Storm' (Hong Kong)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Lunchbox' (India)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Breakup Guru' (China)
- JFF Encore, July
- This week in cinemas: 'Overheard 3' (Hong Kong)
- Asian Cinema at the Sydney Film Festival 2014
- This week in cinemas: 'Aberdeen' (Hong Kong)
- This week in cinemas: 'Iceman' (3D, China/Hong Kong)
- Kaiju Shakedown is back!
- This week in cinemas: 'Canopy' (Australia/Singapore)
Reviews by Country
Zatoichi is a legendary blind masseur and sword master, a fictional character who has appeared in numerous Japanese movies and television shows. The original films starred Shintaro Katsu, and many of them have now become classics. In 2003, Takeshi Kitano gave his own interpretation of the character in Zatoichi, a hugely entertaining movie. And now, the Zatoichi legend lives on with Ichi, a ‘re-imagining’ of the Zatoichi tale that features a young swordswoman.
In ancient times, troupes of … (read more)
I must admit that of all the films being shown during Reel Anime 08, Vexille is perhaps the one film I knew nothing about. Appleseed I managed to catch at SIFF; Girl Who Leapt Through Time has been on my radar for at least a year now though I never got around to actually watching it and Batman… – well Batman is Batman isn’t it? How much do you really need to know about Batman that, as an internet-browsing, … (read more)