- Korean Film Festival (KOFFIA) 2015
- This week in cinemas: 'SPL II: A Time for Consequences' (China/HK)
- This week in cinemas: 'Northern Limit Line' (South Korea)
- Asian Cinema at the Melbourne International Film Festival 2015
- Giveaway: Passes to see 'Cult Japan' at QAGOMA (Brisbane) (Closed)
- This week in cinemas: 'Monk Comes Down the Mountain' (China)
- Giveaway: Tickets to 'Ip Man' (Melbourne, Dragons from Asia) (Closed)
- Melbourne: Dragons from Asia screens 'Ip Man'
- This week in cinemas: 'Hollywood Adventures' (China)
- Asian Cinema at the Sydney Film Festival 2015
- This week in cinemas: 'When Marnie Was There' (Japan)
- This week in cinemas: 'Helios' (Hong Kong)
Reviews by Country
After the rather pitiful Zatoichi in Desperation I was worried that the Zatoichi franchise could be lost forever. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy writing a scathing review – in fact they’re easier to write, it’s just that you have to watch the film in the first place. Thus I had fairly low expectations when I began watching Zatoichi at Large. Thankfully it isn’t as bad as Zatoichi in Desperation. What am I saying?! It completely annihilates … (read more)
Zatoichi, the legendary blind swordsman who moonlights as a masseur, is back in Zatoichi: The Tale of Zatoichi Continues. As the name suggests this film continues the tale of Zatoichi that began in Zatoichi: The Tale of Zatoichi.
Nearly, a year has passed since the events of The Tale of Zatoichi, and Ichi is travelling back to the location of the previous film to pay his respects to a dead friend. On his way, Ichi is asked … (read more)