- Melbourne: The Chinatown Cinema Returns!
- International Chinese Film Festival 2014 (Sydney)
- This week in cinemas: 'Don't Go Breaking My Heart 2' (HK/China)
- This week in cinemas: "Brotherhood of Blades" (China)
- Already in cinemas: 'Kung Fu Jungle' (HK/China)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Golden Era' (China/HK)
- This month in cinemas: The Tale of Studio Ghibli Showcase (Japan)
- This week in cinemas: 'Flirting in the Air' (Hong Kong)
- Vladivostok: the final frontier
- JFF 2014
- This week in cinemas: 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents' (South Korea)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Grandmaster' (Hong Kong/China)
Reviews by Country
After the rather pitiful Zatoichi in Desperation I was worried that the Zatoichi franchise could be lost forever. That’s not to say I don’t enjoy writing a scathing review – in fact they’re easier to write, it’s just that you have to watch the film in the first place. Thus I had fairly low expectations when I began watching Zatoichi at Large. Thankfully it isn’t as bad as Zatoichi in Desperation. What am I saying?! It completely annihilates … (read more)
Zatoichi, the legendary blind swordsman who moonlights as a masseur, is back in Zatoichi: The Tale of Zatoichi Continues. As the name suggests this film continues the tale of Zatoichi that began in Zatoichi: The Tale of Zatoichi.
Nearly, a year has passed since the events of The Tale of Zatoichi, and Ichi is travelling back to the location of the previous film to pay his respects to a dead friend. On his way, Ichi is asked … (read more)