- Korean Film Festival (KOFFIA) 2015
- This week in cinemas: 'SPL II: A Time for Consequences' (China/HK)
- This week in cinemas: 'Northern Limit Line' (South Korea)
- Asian Cinema at the Melbourne International Film Festival 2015
- Giveaway: Passes to see 'Cult Japan' at QAGOMA (Brisbane) (Closed)
- This week in cinemas: 'Monk Comes Down the Mountain' (China)
- Giveaway: Tickets to 'Ip Man' (Melbourne, Dragons from Asia) (Closed)
- Melbourne: Dragons from Asia screens 'Ip Man'
- This week in cinemas: 'Hollywood Adventures' (China)
Reviews by Country
Certainly a sign of advancing years when one starts reminiscing of times past. It’s hard not to be nostalgic when revisiting a series that first began and ended almost 10 years ago but that’s certainly the case when the new Blu-ray disc of FLCL arrived in the mail.
I have fond memories of the show though the exact details as to why eluded me up until the point I pressed play for the entire series. The Pillows soundtrack came on … (read more)
The Reel Anime Festival 2010 is finally here! Thanks to Madman, I have the opportunity to preview for you the exhilarating Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance and spectacular Summer Wars. Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone, which I reviewed earlier this year, will also be screening. So this is a great opportunity to catch some of the best recent animes on the big screen, and I urge you not to miss it.
Evangelion 2.0 is the second … (read more)
When Neon Genesis Evangelion was first released in the mid-90s, it rapidly gained international popularity and became quite a phenomenon. Viewers were generally really impressed by the majority of the anime, so much so that they were able to forgive the very messy ending. Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone is the first of four movies which together will form a new theatrical edition of the classic anime. Enhanced with never before seen footages and plenty of visual and audio … (read more)