- This week in cinemas: 'The Golden Era' (China/HK)
- This month in cinemas: The Tale of Studio Ghibli Showcase (Japan)
- This week in cinemas: 'Flirting in the Air' (Hong Kong)
- Vladivostok: the final frontier
- JFF 2014
- This week in cinemas: 'The Admiral: Roaring Currents' (South Korea)
- This week in cinemas: 'The Grandmaster' (Hong Kong/China)
- Korean Film Festival in Australia 2014
- This week in cinemas: 'The White Haired Witch of Lunar Kingdom' (China, 3D)
Reviews by Country
Certainly a sign of advancing years when one starts reminiscing of times past. It’s hard not to be nostalgic when revisiting a series that first began and ended almost 10 years ago but that’s certainly the case when the new Blu-ray disc of FLCL arrived in the mail.
I have fond memories of the show though the exact details as to why eluded me up until the point I pressed play for the entire series. The Pillows soundtrack came on … (read more)
The Reel Anime Festival 2010 is finally here! Thanks to Madman, I have the opportunity to preview for you the exhilarating Evangelion 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance and spectacular Summer Wars. Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone, which I reviewed earlier this year, will also be screening. So this is a great opportunity to catch some of the best recent animes on the big screen, and I urge you not to miss it.
Evangelion 2.0 is the second … (read more)
When Neon Genesis Evangelion was first released in the mid-90s, it rapidly gained international popularity and became quite a phenomenon. Viewers were generally really impressed by the majority of the anime, so much so that they were able to forgive the very messy ending. Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone is the first of four movies which together will form a new theatrical edition of the classic anime. Enhanced with never before seen footages and plenty of visual and audio … (read more)