“Scent of Love”
- 1 grain (optional) character back-story
- 60g script, preferably used
- ½ cup of girl walking in slow-motion with musical crescendo
- 1 clove My Sassy Girl, sliced
- 1 tablespoon love triangle
- pinch of unexplained event
- 2 mins of musical interlude
- 125g tragic event
- 1 scene involving rain
- splash of happy times, followed by inevitable bad stuff
1. Combine ingredients in pan and simmer. It’s important that cooking takes place straightaway. Characters should have minimal backstory so viewer will fail to engage sympathy towards any of them or care what will happen to them over the course of the cooking process. Musical crescendo is important early on, otherwise the viewer will not realise that a romantic connection is being made. Both of these things will economise on storytelling as there is no need to waste time on such things as character development.
2. Once the story elements have been stirred thoroughly and the main character has tried to get the girl, there is about seven years of boring exposition to get through. Cover this seven years of story using a single two minute musical interlude and leave to boil.
3. Serve over-cooked.