- This week in cinemas: 'Miracle in Cell No. 7' (South Korea)
- Giveaway: 'Tai Chi 0' on DVD and Blu-Ray (Closed)
- This week in cinemas: ‘Drug War’ (China/HK)
- Mountains and monsters @ GoMA QLD
- Melbourne: Asian Cinema at the MQFF
- QLD news - GCFF and Supanova on again!
- This week in cinemas: 'Journey to the West' (China, 3D)
Reviews by Country
Tag Archives: SFF
My SFF rundown the other day contained a pretty serious omission, one that’s particularly of interest given HC’s mission statement — Australian-Chinese co-production 33 Postcards, from director Pauline Chan. Mea maxima culpa, everyone.
33 Postcards is only the second film to be produced under 2010′s co-production treaty between our two countries, after Mario Andreacchio’s The Dragon Pearl. Starring Guy Pearce and Zhu Lin, it’s a drama about a Chinese girl who finally gets the chance to visit … (read more)
Sydney people needn’t be too jealous of MIFF-going Victorians this year — our own film festival starts in a couple of days, and has a bunch of films from Asia showing as well.
Here’s a quick roundup of what SFF is serving up this year; as always, check the official program for the real deal in case I’ve made a mistake or the schedule changes.… (read more)